Does God love me? Is he real? Does he care for me? How can I know for sure?
If you are asking these questions you’re not alone. There are times when I’ve wondered if God loves me so I decided to put down what the Bible says and what others have said. I hope this will help you as it has helped me when I was writing it. The Bible says over and over again that God loves you. If you have not read the Bible I’ve put a few links at the bottom. Start with the book of John and you’ll quickly find out that God loves you and has a plan for your life.
John 3:16 says: Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life. Starting with Adam and Eve we choose to disobey God and sin, pain and suffering was the result. You can see it in broken lives but this is not God’s will for us. His plan for our life is filled with joy, peace, and love. John 10:10 says: I came so you can have real and eternal life, more and better than you ever dreamed of – Jesus.
God wants his people to have a good life. Jeremiah 29:11 says: I say this because I know the plans that I have for you. This message is from the Lord. I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future.
In Galatians, Paul writes about the benefits of becoming a Christian who lets God rule their life. But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. – Galatians 5:22-23
If you are a Christian and not feeling God’s love and peace don’t become discouraged. There are times when we are faithful but feel abandoned by God. Even Mother Teresa went through times of darkness. Mother Teresa often wrote letters to a few trusted friends and spiritual directors expressing how she doubted her faith and felt completely abandoned by God at times throughout her lifetime. If you are doubting whether God loves you, do not give up. Struggles can bring us closer to God. Take time to examine your life and make sure your heart is focused on living for God and that you are living in His will, following His commandments.
Does God love me? What does the Bible say?
- Romans 5:8 – But Christ died for us while we were still sinners, and by this God showed how much he loves us.
- 1 John 4:16 – So we know the love that God has for us, and we trust that love. God is love. Everyone who lives in love lives in God, and God lives in them.
- 1 Corinthians 4: 4-8 – Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs done against it. Love is never happy when others do wrong, but it is always happy with the truth. Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits. Love will never end.
- John 15: 9-17 – I have loved you as the Father has loved me. Now continue in my love. I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you. I have told you these things so that you can have the true happiness that I have. I want you to be completely happy. This is what I command you: Love each other as I have loved you. The greatest love people can show is to die for their friends. You are my friends if you do what I tell you to do. I no longer call you servants, because servants don’t know what their master is doing. But now I call you friends because I have told you everything that my Father told me. You did not choose me. I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name. This is my command: Love each other.
- John 13:34 – I give you a new command: Love each other. You must love each other just as I loved you.
Take time to think about these verses and allow God to speak to your heart. He says to be still and know that I am God.
I’d like to share a few songs and testimonials that talk about does God love me? God has the power to transform any life no matter what you have done in the past.
Christian Hosoi is a skateboarder who had everything the world could offer but it was not enough. Looking for love and peace he turned to drugs and eventually landed in jail where he found the peace that he was searching for. His story shows how God’s love can transform a life from having everything but still empty to a life that is filled with God’s peace and love.
In this video, Louie Giglio talks about how God loves us, has a plan for our lives and knows the number of hairs that are on our head. If you are feeling like God does not care for you then take a few minutes and watch this video.
If you’d like to experience the life that God wants you to have, one filled with peace, love, and joy, one that has purpose and meaning in life, one that ends with spending forever with God then it is easy... You don’t have to work for it. God has given His gift of new life and it is totally free. All you have to do is tell God that you’ve done wrong and that you are sorry. You believe that Jesus was God’s son and that he died on the cross for you, taking the punishment for the things you have done wrong. Ask Jesus to come into your life and turn your life over to him.
Now follow Him with your heart and love Him with your heart, soul, and mind. If you do this you will experience God’s peace which will overcome you like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. Jesus wants us to live a life that is radically different from the world. He sums up how he wants us to live in John 13:34 – So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Jesus loved us so much that he gave his life so that we can live forever with God. He wants us to love others just like that.
Here are some resources if you want to know more. Start by reading your Bible every day. It is God’s Word and through it, your life will be transformed.
If you would like to know more about a relationship with Jesus then here are a few resources:
We are usually available also. Just click the chat button. Comments, other resources or don’t agree with anything on this page we’d love to hear from you. Does God love me? Does God love you? Absolutely so much so that He sent His son to die so that you could have a relationship with Him.